How can I prevent thunderstorm asthma if I have asthma?
- Have regular reviews with your doctor about your asthma to ensure that you have the right medication and have good asthma control.
- Have an asthma action plan with advice for epidemic thunderstorm asthma.
- Always carry your reliever medication with you.
- Take your preventer medication with the correct technique and as prescribed.
- If you also have hay fever, make sure it is treated adequately. Speak with your pharmacist or doctor about how best to do this.